It’s a thought that’s been on my mind lately as I’ve witnessed multiple people upset over a comment from somebody whose mouth was engaged when their brain wasn’t. If I got mad every time someone hurt my feelings I would be mad every day… I just don’t have time for that. This is not a self-righteous rant, because I do fail to follow my own advice pretty often, I don’t get mad every day, but I have my days.
It always shocks me the entitlement of some people who actually believe they’re “doing you a favor” by pointing out an obvious flaw, feel compelled to belittle you or are just plain crass when it comes to social etiquette. And Christians are often the worst! Because, after all, they’re called to go out into all the world and make them feel inferior… or so it would seem. That must have been in one of the funny versions of the bible, because I’ve never read it in the King James that that’s how you win souls to Christ.
Here are 10 Rules I “try” to live by:
- If I discuss politics, I make sure I’m in the company of like-minded people. (Most everyone’s mind is made up. You won’t change it.) #WhoTiesThePresidentsShoes – I assumed we were like minded.
- I don’t offer unsolicited advice. #JustListen
- If someone doesn’t dress like me I realize that I don’t dress like them… we’re even. (Even if you made fun of them inside your head… God heard.) #PunkyBrewsterRocks #NoFashionPolice
- If someone is obnoxiously rude I clinch my lips together like the “church lady” and say nothing, because you can’t fix mean with mean. #YouCantFixStupid either.
- Some days I’m totally right… I’ll let them find out in Heaven. #CommonSenseTrumpsADegree
- I’m saved by faith, not by my Baptist Denomination. #ChristAlone
- If I meet a drunk, I remember I’m a sinner. #SinIsSin
- Children are adults in training, and too often adults act like children. #ForbidThemNotToComeUntoMe #LiveWhatYouPreach
- Don’t resent what nobody else will do, do it with a smile. #BlessedOpportunities #GodsFavor
- Only share burdens with the closest of friends and only rarely, else you become the burden. #DontWhine
Verse for the day: Proverbs 19:11
The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.
To Shari Quote it; “Think before you get upset, “What would God Do and What have you done?” [contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]