There will come a day that I will be caught up in the Rapture, but for today I am caught up in the faith that will carry me through until Jesus takes me home, be that by rapture or another design of His choosing. Let it be known, I am ready! Now, I’m not desiring a quickening away from my friends and family; oh contraire! But rather I long for the day when I shall see my Savior and I shall not see sin, death and the heartache of this side of glory.
Believing that I am here with divine purpose, I awoke this morning with the desire to follow His will where ever that may lead, and so it lead to me sitting in restaurant in Clarksburg, WV waiting on my car to be detailed. As I traveled the long stretch of highway this morning at 6 a.m. to get here, I had plenty of time to pray and listen to the Word of God. I prayed for my peeps, those related by blood and those that I serve with who are saved by the blood. I prayed that if the trumpet would sound today, those that I love would be ready!
Trumpet? Perhaps you haven’t heard. While it’s true that the word “rapture” isn’t in the bible, the word “rapture” simply means “caught up!” And those words you will find in the scripture in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18:
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
That’s a pretty definitive scripture that requires little explanation as far as what will happen… now the when… that’s a whole other issue. But for now let’s talk about the preparedness for that day.
Mark 13:32 says – But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
There will come a day that God will say, “Son, get your church. Gabriel, go blow your horn!” and when that trump sounds there will not be a time to get online and order tickets. It’s a done deal! That’s why I pray for my family and friends. That’s why I pray for God to send a soul across my path that I might help them pack their bags for glory! Perhaps you are at soul.
Do you have yours packed? Before we depart for Christian teen camp each year I give the kids a list of mandatory and recommended necessities to make their camp experience the best! So today I’ll give you a list to see if you’re prepared if the trump sounds and that quick ticket is called for.
Your Ticket to Heaven
Just like our teen camp, it’s free to all who attend, but it for certain cost something. And Heaven, although it is as free as free can be, it still came with a mighty cost, which was the Son of God. He paid for your entrance into Heaven and eternal life by His death on the cross. He proved His power over death, Hell and the grave by His resurrection and ascension back into Heaven. He was, is and always will be the virgin born Son of God. You’re faith in that truth and belief that He died exclusively for you is your ticket.
- The Incorruptable Crown – (1 Corinthians 9:24-25) Anything from earth would certainly burn up on entry to Heaven. But an incorruptible crown is what we’ll receive for our faithful endurance and continuance in service as we go through the many trials and temptations of earth. It won’t be for the faint of heart. Tipping a waitress a little extra won’t do it, giving up the internet for lent won’t do it… running the race in a sacrificial way will push a Christian way outside of the average commitment zone, and that will obtain a special recognition from God.
- The Crown of Rejoicing – (1 Thessalonians 2:19) The crown of rejoicing will be our reward for those who joy in the salvation of Christ and in so doing lead others to that same knowledge. There’s a party in Heaven each time a soul makes a confession of faith and there for certain will be joy when a soul winner makes it home. There used to be a day when we honored our veterans returning from the battled field with a parade and celebration. And although we neglect that responsibility now… God won’t neglect our return to glory when we’re home from the battlefield.
- The Crown of Righteousness – (2 Timothy 4:8) Nothing that we have done on this earth would entitle us to any piece of Heaven; but Christ will reward those who not only talked the talk but walked the walk. There will be many in Heaven who will assume their saying of the sinner’s prayer was enough. And while it is enough for entrance, God had so much more in store for you if only you had continued growing and walking in Christ.
- The Crown of Glory – (1 Peter 5:4) For all those who have been ask again and again and again to teach, and felt in their heart they should have, you’ll be missing a blessing in Heaven! The crown of glory is for all those who teach, preach and minister the gospel. What an honor it is to serve God in such a manner.
- The Crown of Life – (James 1:5) This crown is also referred to as the Martyr’s crown. Those who receive it have paid the ultimate price for serving Christ
Those optional adornments won’t come easy. But they’ll be more than worth it when we stand face to beautiful face of Jesus our Lord and Savior.
A little longer blog than usual… but I need to know if you’re packed?
Nothing this side of glory with the exception of our soul will make it into Heaven. The crowns (if they are won) are waiting. Don’t be caught off guard. Be caught up!!!